All songs recorded using Mixcraft >>
Here’s why I just love Mixcraft:
1) It’s very easy to use which actually makes recording fun..not a mission! (my Old Gran could use it)
2) It gives a professional sound, right out of the box (or download)
3) Comes with great support and video tutorials
4) It is very, very good value for my buck! (I had to pinch myself when I saw the price compared to other home recording software)
5) It is immediate! I don’t have to mess around with settings, dongles, midi interfaces or whatever. I can just plug in and start recording in seconds with no hassle.
Wanna hear something that I recorded using Mixcraft? Check out my band – Holywell: Holywell>>
I’ve tried most of the common recording software on the market such as Cakewalk, Pro Tools and Cubase, but Mixcraft 5 from Acoustica is in my opinion the best of the bunch and perfect for my needs. I get the impression that it has been developed by musicians for musicians and not by a bunch of techo-nerds in white coats in a lab!
It also comes with some amazingly useful video guides that show you exactly what to do from recording your guitar to recording great vocals to recording a full band.
I’m just showing you a couple of the videos here of the many that Acoustica have done to show you how to get the most out of Mixcraft but do not be put off by the fact this guy is working in a studio set up. You can get great sounding vocals or guitar very easily in the comfort of your own home using just a standard PC, a guitar, microphone and a few jack leads. Check out my home recording set up >>
One of the hardest things to get sounding good in any recording is the vocal. Even if you are a great singer and spending big money going into a pro recording studio the vocals ALWAYS cause the most problems. This video shows how easy it is to record great vocal with Mixcraft.
Recording Your Guitar In Stereo
Second only to getting the vocal to sound right is getting a good guitar sound. I have honestly spent a whole day in a studio recording guitar and have come away disatisfied with the end result. This video shows how to get amazing, professional sounding guitar using Mixcraft.
This page could just go on and on about the cool features with Mixcraft but I just thought I’d pick out a few reasons why I use it:
- Improved graphics and visual effects give Mixcraft a sharp, polished and professional look.
- Custom loop library includes over 3000 royalty-free sounds in dozens of musical styles. Over 1000 new loops, including the following song kits: 70′s Funk, Cool Jazz, Surf Rock, Reggae, and Vegas Rock.
- Works with Acid™ and Apple Garage Band™ loops.
- Record multiple MIDI and audio tracks simultaneously.
- Piano roll to view and edit MIDI.
- Notation tools allow you to create, edit, and print your MIDI data in familiar music notation format.
- 8 powerful virtual instruments, including the Acoustica Instruments General MIDI sample library, Acoustica Expanded Instruments sample library, Lounge Lizard Session vintage electric piano, VB3 tonewheel organ, MiniMogueVA monophonic analog synthesizer, Messiah polyphonic analog synthesizer, Alien303 Bass Synthesizer, and Impulse polyphonic analog synthesizer.
- 22 high quality effects, including the Pultronic Tube EQ, which models the classic tube equalizer found in studios throughout the world, and the Shred Amp Simulator, a complete suite of 5 classic amp heads, 17 cabinet models, and 6 powerful effects.
- Create mega presets that layer and split multiple virtual synthesizers and effects.
- Add unlimited VSTi™ instruments, VST™ and DirectX™ effects.
- Video Track allows loading and editing of video files. Easily cross−fade from one video clip to another. Remix the audio, add a soundtrack, and effortlessly render your video project to a new video file.
- Mix down to MP3, WAV, high-quality compressed OGG, and other audio file types.
- Option to record directly to high-quality compressed OGG files in Mixcraft. OGG files can take up 1/10th of the hard drive space of uncompressed WAV recordings. This is ideal for collaborators exchanging projects over the internet, laptop users, schools, and anyone recording long speeches or conferences.
- Burn CDs of your mix with just one click.
All songs recorded using Mixcraft >>